Wednesday 11 April 2012

Day Three - Scoping & Waiting


Today was a scoping walk with Jo for our Light Walks project, before the walk we took the rest of INTENZ away from the Old Library, then decided where the next walk should be. We made a detour to Earls Barton for lunch before arriving at our chosen route, round the reservoir at Sywell Country Park 




and had a beautiful walk which was full of birdsong, blossom and pollen! The rain held off long enough for us to get back to the car. There will be more about the walk soon on Undiscovered Networks. Back in my parents' garden I managed to catch a glimpse of a pair of Thrushes nesting in a apple tree in the garden next door.


The sketch book was partially on hold as I was waiting for some more stamps to arrive but I did do some work on the Shift labels that will become part of the book. These also fit with the theme of walks and journeys, the compass points to finding some direction and the postmark relates to thoughts in motion. I am using generic, commercially available stamps, almost in the spirit utilising found objects to embed in the images being created. When I make digital images I like to build up layers and bury text inside the image, using the stamps enables me to make layers in a hand to paper fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment