Sunday 20 April 2014

Baby Bunting



I've been working on a project for Back To Books over the last year Andrew Ruston has researched a series of walks / excursions to explore churches in or near Northamptonshire that are no longer working churches but that are cared for by the Church Conservation Trust. Lucy Anderson has written a sequence of poems and now I am making a series of temporary, site specific interventions for each church. I have been printing and free machine embroidering on some very small pieces of bunting (many thanks to Maureen Walvin for edging the pieces with bias binding for me!). I think these may be for Preston Deanery which seemed such a blank and empty place but with lovely light. The bunting represents the imagined congregation and is a work in progress.




 



No comments:

Post a Comment