Friday 13 April 2012

Day Five - Frantic Activity


On the final stretch now that the magnetic poetry stamps have arrived - although the words I wanted aren't all there, but  I did find two sets of alphabet stamps hidden away in 'safe places'. I wanted to use stamps because of their unpredictability and to make up for the fact that only I can really read my handwriting, especially when it is small.


 Halved envelopes become pockets to hold textile samples, 


 laminated pattern pieces and shift tags


 The tags have had more added to them


On the reverse there is a little postcard stamp in which I've written a thought, memory or observation :-


"The texture of the world is worth exploring"
"I am the ghost of winter and the promise of spring"
"I want to wear the landscape"


"I am trying to follow another direction"
"There are many doorways, paths, options"
"A day walking the canal side. Huge foxgloves"

The surface of the table and most of the dining room is now covered with the signs of my frantic activity and I keep having to remember to wash the ink off my fingers before touching anything else. The Postman has been especially welcome as I also received a wonderful surprise parcel from the amazingly talented Tara Badcock who I am hoping to meet in person some day! Best of all there is a real, hand written letter, so I'm taking a break now to read it!

1 comment:

  1. Looking lush. The eventual owner will be very lucky.

    ReplyDelete